Welcome to the Library Company of Philadelphia
We encourage everyone to search the library collections online, and we hope that you will visit the library in person. The following information may be helpful to you as you begin your research.
• A login is not required for anyone who wishes to search collections via the catalog. Please visit the How to Search Collections page for more information and search tips.
On Site Users:
• If you plan to visit the library and use the collections in person, we ask that you create an account either before you arrive or upon arrival.
• For more information on how to request books and printed materials for use in our Scheide Reading Room, click here.
• For more information on how to request visual materials for use in our Graphic Arts Department, click here.
We look forward to working with you!
Create an Account: If you intend to visit the Library Company and request collection materials in person, please create an account by clicking the button below. You will only need to provide your name, email, and a secure password. Creating an account will allow you to make lists and place holds on items as you browse.
Log In: If you already have an account, please click “Log in to your account” in the upper-right hand corner of this page on your web browser. If logging in from a mobile browser, please click the user icon (👤) at the top of the page.
How to Use the Catalog:
Options with an Account:
• Save to List: Once you've registered with an account, you may save items from the catalog, click the “Save to List” option beneath items in your search results, or when you open the item’s record. You may create as many lists as you need, and they will be saved permanently in your account unless you choose to delete them.
• Place Hold: Clicking “Place Hold” allows you request to view an item in person in the Scheide Reading Room. You may place up to 10 holds at a time, but you can place more as you return items. Please do not place holds until you visit in person.
• Your Account: You may access your lists, search history, holds history, and more by clicking “Welcome, [Your Name]” and then “Your Account” in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
The Library Company of Philadelphia's online catalog is generously supported by the Delmas Foundation.