[Lombard Street Central Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia] [graphic].

By: Contributor(s): Material type: PicturePicturePublication details: [Philadelphia], [ca. 1870]; PA. Philadelphia. Description: 1 photograph : albumen ; sheet 24 x 19 cm (9.25 x 7.25 in.)Notes: Title supplied by cataloger;
Date inferred from content.
Local Notes: Gift of Mrs. S. Marguerite Brenner;
Description revised 2021;
Access points revised 2021;
Part of digital collections catalog through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, Governor, 2013-2014.
Local Added Entry - Personal Name: Johnston, William L., 1811-1849, architect.Imprint: PA. Philadelphia. 1870.Subject(s): Genre/Form: Summary: Exterior view of the Philadelphia African American church at 834 Lombard Street completed in 1848 after designs by Philadelphia architect, William L. Johnston. Shows the front entrance to the two-story building with pediment. In front of the building is a wrought iron fence and gate and a lamppost. In the foreground is the sidewalk and a partial view of the street. Established in 1844 under Rev. Stephen H. Gloucester, the church formed from dissenting members of the Second African Presbyterian Church following Gloucester's loss of that church's pulpit.
Holdings
Item type Current library Collection Call number Status Barcode
Visual Material Library Company of Philadelphia Graphic Arts Department Graphic Arts - Philadelphia Artists, Photographers, Printers, and Publishers photo - Newell [P.9060.5b] Available 133932
Total holds: 0

Title supplied by cataloger.

Date inferred from content.

Exterior view of the Philadelphia African American church at 834 Lombard Street completed in 1848 after designs by Philadelphia architect, William L. Johnston. Shows the front entrance to the two-story building with pediment. In front of the building is a wrought iron fence and gate and a lamppost. In the foreground is the sidewalk and a partial view of the street. Established in 1844 under Rev. Stephen H. Gloucester, the church formed from dissenting members of the Second African Presbyterian Church following Gloucester's loss of that church's pulpit.

Gift of Mrs. S. Marguerite Brenner.

Description revised 2021.

Access points revised 2021.

Part of digital collections catalog through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services as administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Education through the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, Governor, 2013-2014.

Share
The Library Company of Philadelphia, 1314 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107. TEL (215) 546-3181 FAX (215) 546-5167